Animal Crossing New Horizon Tips – How to Upgrade Your Residence
Welcome to your island, and welcome to this new game craze people around the world love. Animal Crossing New Horizons is a popular life simulation game that involves cute little anthropomorphic animals. In this game, you are allowed to live a life on an island, explore, gather and craft items, catch fish and other insects, and build a life and home in a cute little community.
Each new player starts with a simple tent. Yours will be a yellow triangular-shaped tent, which sets it apart from other existing villager’s homes—but it does not always have to be that way.
If you are new into Animal Crossing New Horizons, here are some tips on how to upgrade your residence:
Decide where to live
There is no correct or wrong placement for your tent, but you might as well consider placing it in the area that would be more beneficial for you.
- Near the beach: Staying near the beach is the best place for players who are also fishing enthusiasts. If you decide to live far away, you will need to travel far before you get to fish or enjoy the beautiful beach.
- Near the island’s airport: If you are fond of visiting another friend’s residence or island, it is ideal to place your tent near the airport. This way, it will be easier for you to talk to Orville, the receptionist at the Dodo Airline, and ask for immediate transportation.
Your living location, in the end, is up to your preferences or how you want to play your game.
Consider whether you want to move
Over time, you will realize the right place for you. In case you are no longer happy with your current location, you can always relocate.
Before doing so, you need to talk to Tom Nook to unlock your moving option. Tom is the manager of the town shop called The Resident Services, and they are dedicated to helping you set up your life on the island.
The moving option can only be activated by upgrading your resident services at the following cost:
- 30,000 Bells for the moving cost – This is the amount you need to pay if you want to relocate to a new place.
- 50,000 Bells for moving the villager houses – You also have the option to move your neighbors instead of you leaving your current location. However, it would cost you more.
Animal Crossing New Horizons is a fun, cute game that involves a little financial management into it. So, make sure you think things through before purchasing or acquiring any new items or services.
Consider whether you want a house
You may not dream of living in a tent forever. If you wish to upgrade into a house, you may always do so. Similar to the process of relocation, you have to speak to Tom Nook to request a house expansion. The upgrade will be costly, but Tom Nook will allow you to pay for it over time.
Once you decide to upgrade, you will also unlock other functions, and your game story will then progress.
Here are the types of upgrade you are expected to do during the game:
- Pay off your Getaway Package Debt
- Upgrade your tent into a house
- Unlock Nook’s Cranny
- Build a bridge in your island
- Build three more houses for the new villagers
The more functions you unlock, the more freedom you have in customizing your living space. Keep your eye on your goal and witness how your character will enjoy its new home.
Once you start building your house, it opens more opportunities for your character as well. With hard work and dedication, you can transform your tent into a home, and later on expand and customize your house and village the way you want them to be.
Stay up-to-date about the latest happenings in the gaming and gadget industry. Subscribe to our page for more game tips, news, reviews, and occasional Nintendo cheat codes!